Our father Elwood taught us to be helpful and a partner in our communities. We are passionate about food, local family business and the greater Pittsburgh community.
For decades we have promoted local growers, farmers and artisans. We are meticulous about the food we select so that we can support the good health of customers. We focus on being responsible business owners by supporting local farms and businesses. These efforts allow us to contribute to the health of our environment by reducing waste and pollution that is created from shipping mainstream products from overseas.
McGinnis Sisters Special Food Stores have been a part of the Pittsburgh community since 1946. We want to be good neighbors, so we give back as we are able through our 50/50 and script programs.
Congratulations to our Girls Softball Team who recently won the League Championship in the Brentwood Athletic Association primary league. Stop by our Brentwood store to see the team picture and trophy. Congratulations to the players, coach, and parents for all of their hard work!
McGinnis Sisters Supports the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
McGinnis Sisters is a proud supporter of the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank's Three Rivers Table program. Three Rivers Table is a prepared food rescue program in which we donate food that we have not sold throughout the day. Last year alone McGinnis Sisters donated over 12,000 pounds to the Three Rivers Table program. This food was delivered directly to on site feeding programs like soup kitchens and after school programs.
If your organization would like to request a donation from McGinnis Sisters, we are happy to consider your request. Please plan ahead all small donation requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance, and larger donation and sponsorship requests must be submitted at least four weeks ahead of time
If your charitable organization, school, church or community organization is located within 10 miles of one of our stores
, there are several ways we can help.
- The 50/50 option. We will match your dollar amount for a gift basket or gift card for your event or fundraiser. For example, if your organization puts $25.00 towards a gift basket or gift card, we will match that amount and design a basket worth $50.00 or give you a gift card for $50.00. The maximum amount that we will match is $25.00
- $1.00 off Coupons. McGinnis Sisters will supply up to 100 - $1.00 off coupons for your event
- Church Script Program. Any church may contact McGinnis Sisters and get involved in our script program. We discount church gift cards 5% on purchases of $1,000 or more. One week notice is required to activate cards and may be ordered in any denomination combination.
Please mail or fax requests on your organization letterhead along with your 501(c)(3) tax exempt number to:
3825 Saw Mill Run Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
(412) 884-2323 x 124
Fax (412) 884-0331
We cannot permit solicitation (leafleting, selling candy, selling flowers, etc.) on our property by any organization, for any purpose. We can, however, consider donations in lieu of solicitation. Please submit a request. In addition, we are unable to give to:
- Individuals: However, we do give to organizations that help individuals.
- Employee recognition events.
- Political organizations or lobbying groups.